TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 1999-07 > 0931971059-01

From: "Huebner, Karla T (HUEB)" <<A HREF="mailto:"></A>>
Subject: TMG-L: RE: tmg-l curly quote marks
Date: Wed, 14 Jul 1999 09:50:59 -0700

Julie,

I haven't used WordPerfect on HTML documents (I still like WP5.1!)
so can't really comment on how well it works. I do know that when I've
accidentally opened an HTML document in Word (which of course is a whole
different kettle of fish!), Word has added a lot of stuff I didn't want and
screwed up my HTML coding to conform to its idea of HTML. Since basic HTML
is not difficult, I prefer to edit it in either Notepad or Allaire's product
whose name I can't remember. I only use the Allaire program (which is a good
one) for things like italicizing lots and lots of titles.

Whatever works for people!

Karla Huebner
> ------------------------------
>
> Date: Tue, 13 Jul 1999 18:24:03 -0400
> From: Julie Kidd <>
> Subject: TMG-L: RE: tmg-l curly quote marks
>
> I don't know how much it differs between word processors -- I use
> WordPerfect, and the computer you are using -- I'm *not* using a Mac.
> But,
> as I stated in my original message. If you do a global search and replace,
> just using the quote mark. . . . it will adjust them properly to open or
> closing quotes, dependent upon their location. I do not use the code for
> the curly quote - just simply replace them. I do the same for apostrophes.
> I do this *all* the time, and it works beautifully. I edit a quarterly, so
> I get lots of submissions in disk form, and this is one of my standard
> corrections -- as is the em-dash, but it's a few more steps.
>
> Julie
>

> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/JulieKidd/

This thread: