TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 1999-09 > 0938050021

From: Lewis Peregory <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Male Descendants
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 18:27:01 -0700

Allen Mellen wrote:

> Lewis Peregory wrote:
> >I would like to generate a genealogy report (modified register) of all
> >the male descendants of a certain ancestor. I would like for it to
> >include the name of the their spouses parents but not their siblings.
> >In other words, I just want the people who carry on the family name.
> >Any suggestions for a new guy?
> >
> If you choose Custom Format on the Type tab, there is a checkbox under
> "miscellaneous" for Follow Surname Only.
> This, of ourse, only works when the surname stays the same, but it looks
> like thats what you want.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Allen
> Allen Mellen, New York, NY <>
>
> See my TMG resource page at http://www.geocities.com/allenmellen/tmg.html

Allen,

Thanks. That sure seems like it should work but when I tried it, I still got the
female lines and their offspring along with different surnames. I have the
Silver edition of TMG. Maybe this feature only works in the Gold edition. I am
going to keep trying and check some more. I appreciate your taking time to help.

Lewis