TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 1999-10 > 0940871165

From: Bob Velke <>
Subject: TMG-L: Visual Chartform
Date: Mon, 25 Oct 1999 13:06:05 -0400

Andrew Kelly said:

> >> Come off it - I know that press releases often use hyperbole, but to
> >> describe VCF as 'easy' is a huge exaggeration. It is not -

I am sorry that you think so. Many other users have reported that they are
thrilled with the ease and flexibility of VCF. You're entitled to your
opinion, of course, but the many beautifully customized charts that we've
printed with our Chartform Delivery service testify to the fact that a
large number of users are getting along with it just fine.

> >> and the fact that questions on VCF posted to this list and elsewhere
> (e.g. to Wholly
> >> Genes themselves) are (can be?) rarely answered with any certainty, and in
> >> some cases accuracy, underlines this.

To what questions are you referring? As you know, this is not a technical
support forum, although we try to monitor it as much as possible. I am
only aware of one message that you posted to tech support last Thursday and
I answered it this morning with authority. It had to do with ports which
is one very small part of the program. What other problems are you having?

-Bob