TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 1999-11 > 0941656249

From: Karla Huebner <>
Subject: TMG-L: Sources
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 1999 14:10:49 -0500

I'm glad Amy is asking these questions since I'm working on the same
problems. Here are a few things I've come up with:

>city directories on microfilm. Are these town records or what?<
I wouldn't consider these town records since they aren't created by the
town itself. There is a category for city directories (I think it's even
called that), and if you want a separate one for microfilmed directories
I'd just make a copy of the existing one and add a spot for film number.

>AND, how do you suppress unknown author, etc., on the Bibliography?<
You can put brackets around it (<>) on the template. However, that may
throw of your alphabetizing. Someone else may have a better solution.

Besides baby books, I'd also like suggestions on how people have sourced
scrapbooks (I've had access to some amazing clipping scrapbooks that had
everything but the dates and newspaper names, and also subject scrapbooks
created by a local historian that were a combination of clippings and her
research notes) and wedding/birth/graduation/death announcements.

Karla

Message text written by INTERNET:

Hi again,

Thanks to all who gave me suggestions for my land records.

In updating my files from FTM I am having some trouble identifying shat
categories to place sources into. Can anyone help me?

I have a genealogy written by a distant cousin, unsourced. Would this be a
manuscript?

city directories on microfilm. Are these town records or what?

Baby books written by the parents?

Exerpted biographical notices from newspapers? Although this is a card file

in Ireland it is filmed by the LDS.

Church records or cemetery records from ledgers. Who authors it?

AND, how do you suppress unknown author, etc., on the Bibliography?

Amy
<