TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0946839393

From: <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Re: FTM 7 to TMG 4
Date: Sun, 2 Jan 2000 13:56:33 EST

Byron wrote:

> p.s. one of the problems with experimenting with
> the file I was working with was its HUGE size --
> it took 3 hours (on a Pentium 200 machine) to
> translate GEDCOM 5.5 to TMG 4.

One of the recommendations for transferring data to TMG is to split off a
small part of your database and experiment with that until you are satisfied
with the results. (I'm not familiar enough with FTM to know how easy it is
to split off part of it, although it is quite easy in TMG.)

Good luck to all of those converting to the best genealogy program, TMG!

Fran Anderson