TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0946924656

From: <>
Subject: TMG-L: Connecting children and parents-sources
Date: Mon, 3 Jan 2000 13:37:36 EST

Hello all,

I have just discovered that when I imported FTM to TMG my connecting sources
between parent and children did not transfer correctly. At least they did not
transfer as I would have liked them to. for example, in FTM I would enter a
father to John Smith as Francis Smith and source his name as coming from the
marriage record of John Smith. In TMG the marriage record source shows up in
the name source for Francis Smith but there is no source showing the
parent-child connection.

Any suggestions for creating a picklist for people lacking sources for their
parent's names? I have tried a List of events without sources (which will
give me a written list if not a picklist) but it doesn't seem to pick up the
relationship connections missing.

Also, any sentence construction suggestions for a list of alternate dates? If
I have numerous birth dates for an individual, can a suppress periods and
capitalizations to create a sentence like "Alternate birth dates found- 1833,
1835, 1837 and 1840."

Lastly, I would love to hear how people break up their individual narratives
so that all information does not appear in one paragraph.

Amy of Duxbury, MA