TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0947176786

From: Lee Hoffman/KY <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: LDS Information
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 11:39:46 -0500

Bob Sturgeon wrote:
>1) I will be importing into TMG a Gedcom from Legacy 2.0 containing
> field names with AFN numbers (AFN) as well as Reference Numbers (REFN).
> The way I read poage 179 of the manual, I cannot import both AFN and
> REFN numbers into TMG. I must "... reserve the REFN field for either
> the AFN or the REFN, but not both ...". How to I get botyh fields
> in from my GEDCOM?
>
>2) If I choose to use (add) an existing tag of AFN which is a standard
> type in the "other group", which field do I use for the AFN number?
> Page 295 says that the lat/long field will be used for temple
> information ... is this where the AFN would go?

In TMG, most data of this type would be entered in the Memo field. If in
doubt, open the Tag Entry Screen and click on the Sentence button to see
the default Sentence Structure that will be used to print the data in
narrative reports. In the case of AFN and Reference Tags, the data would
be placed in the Memo field.

As for the Lat/Long field, keep in mind this field is used to store Temple
information _only_ if the option (as noted on p. 295) is selected on the
Prompts tab. The Temple information would be the Temple code (i.e., SLAKE
for Salt Lake).

>3) Finally, how would I use the CRW to produce a people listing
> containing the Name, ID, Refno, and AFN?

You may use the List of People (LOP) report to print the Name, ID#, and
either the reference number or the AFN (whichever you enter in ther
Reference field). Because the LOP may only print a single line for a
person, it cannot print the Reference and/or AFN tags since there may be
more than one of either of them. You might look at the List of Events
report to see if it will give what you want. It may not be in the format
that yoyu want although you may edit the report in your word processor and
acheive what you want.

Hope this helps -