TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0947178978

From: bob gillis <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: New version wish list
Date: Thu, 06 Jan 2000 12:16:18 -0500

I will answer some of Ben's questions:

Benion S. Horton, MD wrote:

> 2. Automatic quick-fill (similar to Family Tree Maker --FTM-- where whenever
> your start typing text, the field begins to fill with previous matching
> text)

I find that feature sometimes annoying in Excel for the same reason
someone else mentioned. Since it not a feature of FoxPro, I think the
repat key will remain.

> 4. Improved merging capabilities. I understand that the creators of TMG
> don't want the program to make assumptions when merging information, but
> there has to be an easier (and less time consuming) way to do it than is
> presently available.

What part of the merge feature don't you like and how would you like it
to work?

snip > 8. A calendar utility that quickly shows dates for the month for
all or
> selected individuals (like FTM).

Tell us more. Or do you mean days and not dates.

bob gillis