TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0947223472

From: Lee Hoffman/KY <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Sources...editing
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 00:37:52 -0500

Ray Wigzell wrote:
>I have entered some new sources, and want to change some details re: the
>footnotes etc.
>>From the master source list / source definition screen / general. The
>names in the individual boxes (ie.short title etc.) can be changed by
>selecting another and it replaces the original. My question is how do
>you delete one completely?

You are speaking of the Source Elements. There are some 29 Source Groups
with one or more Source Elements to each Group. Each Source Template is
created using the Source Elements (only one Element from each Group may be
used in a Template).

When you create a Source, you will select a Source Category with default
Templates. In many cases, the default Templates don't quite fit your
needs. In that case, click on the Output Forms tab and then click on the
Full Footnote, Short Footnote, and/or Bibliography button to display the
Patterns for each in an edit window. Change the Pattern as desired.

When you change a Pattern by using a different Source Element or deleting a
Source Element, the Source Element will disappear from the General tab of
the Report Definition _if_ the field beside it is blank after you save the
Source Definition. Then when you re-open that Source Definition, the
unused Source Element will no longer be displayed.

You might visit the TMG Tips and Helps page of my website (URL below) which
has a lot of information and articles on Source records that may help you.

Hope this helps -