TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0947248893

From: "Leif B. Kristensen" <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Surety
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 13:41:33 +0100

On Fri, 7 Jan 2000 06:03:31 -0500, "Bob Bass" <>
wrote:

>Well I would also like the period so I can say this value is to be ignored.
>This would make surety column look uniform.

I think it's okay the way it works today. The period in the Surety
column really tells you that a surety value is not applicable in that
particular field. For instance, it makes no sense to enter a surety in
the Place field of a Name-Var tag. On the other hand, if I see an empty
value for the Place field in a Birth tag, I know that event is not fully
researched. If I'd put a period in that field, I might easily overlook
that fact.

Just my opinion -
--
"I understand that a train station is where the train stops
and a bus station is where the bus stops. Now I'm sitting in