TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0947267030

From: Lee Hoffman/KY <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Genealogy Report
Date: Fri, 07 Jan 2000 12:43:50 -0500

Jenkins, Daniel M wrote:
>I am doing a custom genealogy report and sending it to WordPerfect. I am
>also using 4.0 gold. I look at my index, and I see not only a listing
>for a child, but also her married name. If a child was married more than
>once, you may end up with her listed as Jane Doe, Jane Smith, Jane
>Jones...etc. I only want her listed with her maiden name in the index.
>The file I am working on is a large file, (I talking about 10,000
>names), and it would take some time to go through the entire file and
>delete the index for every marriage.
>
>Also, in reading over the file I have a woman listed as "Her married
>name is ...." What caused this??

In the Report Definition Definition Screen (Type tab), select the
"Name-Marr from text" to eliminate the above sentence. Also, in the Tags
tab, rather than select All Tag Types, choose the Selected option. Then
click on the Define button and mark the tags to be included (Yes) or
excluded (No). Particularly, you will want to exclude the Name-Marr tag.

Hope this helps -