TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0947383422

From: Bob Geldart <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Again: New version wish list
Date: Sat, 08 Jan 2000 18:03:42 -0800

As long as this discussion has opened, my two cents worth....

I've said before, one of the things I miss with Brothers' Keeper is the
search window. This is a pop-up window that covers perhaps two thirds of
the available size; the top half lists names and numbers and the bottom
half has info on the name currently highlited in the list. The user can
page through the list and see a ton of specific information on each person,
including names, locations, dates, parents and up to 3 spouses, including
their birth and marriage dates.

I think this is a reasonable compromise between the picklist, which has
only one line of data, and a window which views data for only a single
individual. Many Visual database programs utilize this type of popup
subform, and I think this would be a valuable addition to TMGW.

The only way I can get anything like this now is to click on the first name
of the picklist and then right-icon click through each name, but then I
lose the advantages of a list of names.

At 09:11 AM 01/08/2000 -0500, B. Bauernschmidt wrote:
>>Another advantage of showing the birth- and death-places in the picklist
>>would be the possibility to sort the picklist for the place-names. And: Why
>>should it not possible to realise both (place-names and ID#s of the
>>parents)? In the moment the right part of the picklist is empty.

Bob
Maynard, MA