TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0947395998

From: Lee Hoffman/KY <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Photo Exhibit errors (continued)
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 00:33:18 -0500

Carl Oehmann wrote:
>Thanks for the suggestions, but I still have the problem.
>First of all, I am scanning using software called Adobe Photo Deluxe (It
>came with my HP scanner). I tried restarting TMG as well as restarting
>Windows 98 several times with no luck. One thing I notice is I only have the
>problem on pictures I save to the "pcx" format. When I save to the "bmp"
>format I don't have a problem. Has anyone seen this problem (Espia error)
>when trying to save a "pcx" formatted image?

At the present time, if you are using Windows 95/98/NT, you should not try
to do scanning in TMGW. TMGW v4 (except for the Visual ChartForm module)
is a 16-bit program and uses the 16-bit TWAIN file to connect to your
scanner. However, your scanner expects to see the 32-bit TWAIN file and
therefore won't work with TMG.

There is a way to set thing up so that you can scan from TMG using a 16-bit
TWAIN file. However, this would prevent you from using your scanner with
other programs without switching things back to the 32-bit TWAIN file. If
you want to know how to do this switching, contact Tech Support. But I
would recommend that you do any scanning outside of TMG until the next
version of TMG is released. It is expected to be a 32-bit program and will
fully function with your scanner.

Once you have done the scanning, you may import the results into your TMGW
dataset by just pointing to the file on your hard drive or wherever you
placed the image file.

Hope this helps -