TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0947430699

From: SLWillig <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Photo Exhibit errors (continued)
Date: Sun, 09 Jan 2000 08:11:39 -0700

Most HP scanners come with the basic scanning software. After the
document/photo is scanned, you then have the option to save the image to
different sorts of files. If, in the drop-down menu, you select "Image
file", then from the next drop down menu (at bottom of that box in the
"save as" option) you may select ".jpg", ".bmp" or other formats.

There really is no need, (if you have this same or similar basic scanning
software - <g>) to bother with Adobe, whose format, .pdd, is not supported
by most other programs.

Hope this is relevant and/or helpful.

SL Willig

At 09:37 AM 1/9/00 -0500, you wrote:
>In a message dated 1/8/2000 7:42:56 PM Pacific Standard Time,
> writes:
>
><< Thanks for the suggestions, but I still have the problem.
> First of all, I am scanning using software called Adobe Photo Deluxe (It
> came with my HP scanner). I tried restarting TMG as well as restarting
> Windows 98 several times with no luck. One thing I notice is I only have the
> problem on pictures I save to the "pcx" format. When I save to the "bmp"
> format I don't have a problem. Has anyone seen this problem (Espia error)
> when trying to save a "pcx" formatted image? >>
>Carl,

Susan Laursen Willig

Contact person for the following Gen Exchange
sites Warren & Washington Counties, NY:
http://www.genexchange.com/ny/washington/

http://www.genexchange.com/ny/warren/