TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0947784708

From: Allen Mellen <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Wish List / Question
Date: Thu, 13 Jan 2000 12:31:48 -0500

Holly King wrote:
>First I would like to know if anyone knows how to print a tree that has
>all the people in the data base like the All in One Tree from Family Tree
>Maker? I would love to see that added in ver 5 if it can't be done. Since
>I am new to TMG I am finding this news group excellent help when I come
>across a problem. I just love using TMG and find it the most useful tool
>for genealogy that is on the market today. I have tried most of what is
>out there and find that TMG conforms to what I want and need for my
>database. If any one has the answer you can send it to me or this group.

With trepidation I approach this subject, because I do not know what format
FTM outputs its "All in One Tree."
In TMG the only way to produce any report that includes all the people in
the data base, assuming the data is more complex than the ancestors or
descendants of a single individual, is to filter for multiple starting points.

The journal reports and the indented descendant reports (chart and
narrative) permit the selection of multiple progenitors.
You can do the same thing on the box charts, but you would have to produce
wach chart separately, similar to the method you would use to produce an
hourglass chart, and then paste them together.
In any case, you have to identify the starting people yourself, TMG will
not do it automatically.

One thing that many TMG users do when they find that another program
produces a particular output that they like is to keep that program just
for that output and GEDCOM their data to it periodically.

Hope this helps,
Allen
Allen Mellen -- New York, NY
http://www.geocities.com/~allenmellen