TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0947974266

From: "Stuart Armstrong" <>
Subject: TMG-L: roles
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2000 15:11:06 -0700

Bob Velke wrote:

>priorities. I'll be interested to read what some users think would be the
>advantages to a _structured_ system for classifying roles that justifies
>the more complicated interface and the more trouble entering data.
>
>Come on UFT users - I know you're lurking out there <g>.

I, for one, have used UFT, or rather its predecessors Roots IV, etc. I thought the structured roles were neat. Then I got TMG and realized I didn't have to look up the roles in a list anymore. And I didn't have to go to the bother of creating another role definition when I wanted one that wasn't in the list. With TMG I could make a "witness" have ANY role just by modifying the sentence. Slick! Simple is great when it's so flexible. True, I don't like the word "witness" because it guides my thinking down the wrong path. Maybe I would call it "Non-primary Principals" or "Other Principals". Maybe I wouldn't ... Just my thoughts.

Stuart Armstrong
mail to:
web page: http://cgi.aros.net/~stuarta