TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0948209496

From: <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: deleting "persons"
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 10:31:36 EST

In a message dated 1/17/2000 10:55:36 AM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

<< When converting from Family Roots to TMG, I left "?" as the parents of
several hundred individuals with no known parents. This generated
individual
"persons" in TMG with RNs assigned.

Question: How can/may/do I delete these "persons" without going through the
tedious process of voiding the relationships then deleting the RN?

Raymond,

These ? parents will be the last numbers created when TMG imported your data
set. You can create a new dataset using the list of people report. Your focus
would be all record under number XX and the secondary output a new dataset.

Of course, if you have other no id people you want to keep you'll have to
renumber them first. If you just transferred and haven't done much work you
can delete the ? people in Family Roots and then transfer.

Patt Ricketts