TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0948225544

From: <>
Subject: TMG-L: Re: FGS vs Narr (was: reading old data)
Date: Tue, 18 Jan 2000 14:59:04 EST

Two years ago I wrote out a narrative and distributed it to relatives, a few
local libraries and some interested online acquaintances. It was a lot of
work but actually became a great tool for my research. I had easy access to
my information and sources when visiting archives if I had my book with me.

I chose to use two forms of citations, footnotes for items of interest to all
and endnotes to cite the actual sources for purposes.

Obviously the research two years ago was incomplete but there were several
relatives interested in reading it who are not alive today. I am keeping my
copy updated and will do a revision when I think it is warranted.

It's VERY important that we do set our work down on paper and share it with
others. It's no good to anyone on our computer. Even if our software is
workable will anyone take the time to go into our files after we've lost our
LIVING flag?

Amy