TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0948489383

From: Lee Hoffman/KY <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Modified Henry System [was: FGS vs Narr]
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2000 16:16:23 -0500

Ida McCormick wrote:

> Richard A. Pence ... clipped ...

> you'll find the link under that heading." I am sure you will find his
> hilarious telephone operator story listed. It's even funnier in person, if
> you ever get a chance to hear him tell it.

Yes, I've heard it and enjoyed commiserating with Dick about it. The story is
probably funnier to me than many other people because I can tell almost the
same story. When my wife heard it, she was rolling in the aisle. Seems her
mother was a telephone operator in the small town in which we grew up. The
small town is now a large town of 5,000 population now.