TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0948578842

From: "Bob Sawyer" <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Filtering for names of wife and daughter (was Wish List)
Date: Sat, 22 Jan 2000 17:07:22 -0500

>>Gee, I thought we could do most of that now, but I just tried a
combination
>>of focus statements looking for a man whose wife's given name contained
>>"Martha" and had a daughter named "Amy," and got no hits. Such a man is
>>in my dataset. I never know whether I have formed a focus incorrectly or
TMG
>>just doesn't offer the option.
>>
>Bob, what focus did you use. I have figured out how to test for a spouse's
>given name, but I can't find a way to test for anything other than the ID
>number of a child (or parent).

Allen, I too could not find a way to focus on a child's name, but the
following gave
me hits on husband and wife (both) when one was named Martha:

Any Marriage O-Prin Name | Contains | MARTHA | END

Now that I have had so much trouble trying that, I will add my "me toos"
to the better search ability.

--Bob Sawyer