TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0948691792

From: <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Adding news paper articles
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 00:29:52 EST

In a message dated 1/23/2000 6:20:29 PM Pacific Standard Time,
writes:

<< I have several newspaper articles, i.e., death notices, obits, wedding
write-ups, etc. Where should these be inserted: citation details, memos?
How do you handle them? Does Lee Hoffman's Tips include anything on these?

I created tags for newspaper items especially obits. I have Newp-birth,
Newp-misc, Newp-obit, Newp-Wedd. The sentence I use is: [PP] obituary was
You put the date of the article in the date and the newpaper and city in the
place.

(I modified my original sentence on a list suggestion of Kathryn Bassett
about putting the newspaper in the place field)

By dividing the newpaper tags into types I can exclude them or include them
in my reports.

Hope this gives you some ideas, etc

Patt Ricketts