TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0948724947

From: "Terrence W. Reigel" <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Adding news paper articles
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 09:42:27 -0500

If they are interesting, especially if I think it may be hard to preserve them or
to find them again, I enter the text into the memo filed of one of several custom
tags. Several are specific to sources, like obits. I also have one I call
SourceNote, which I use for extracts from old books, on-line sources, or bits of
text I've received from others.

They are not intended to print in normal reports; for them I extract useful facts
into normal tags, or occasionally bits of text into the memo of a tag I normally
print. But by giving my special tags useful names, I can print them if I want for
a special report. They are all GedCom coded as Memo, so I can send them to
trusted fellow researchers if I want.

Just another way to do it.

Terry Reigel