TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0948729536

From: <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Do you limit relatives in your database?
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 10:58:56 EST

In a message dated 1/24/2000 12:56:20 AM Eastern Standard Time,
writes:
<<SNIP>>
> Does anyone place a limit on who does or does not get entered into their
> data? For example, do you only include up to 3rd cousins... I mean, after
> you start seeing 8th cousins, 4 times removed, it seems that the
> relationships are very distant and maybe not substantial.
<<SNIP>>

I put no limits on who I enter in my database. Any connection that I can
document to one degree or another will allow entry. Even unrelated witnesses
to marriages. So you can be a friend of a relative and get into my database.
;-) With all the capabilities that TMG has to filter who goes into reports
etc, I feel the only constriction I have is hard drive. And after almost four
years, my P-150 still has more than 50% of the 3.5 gig HD available. The
reason I do this is the farther back one gets, the more isolated the
populated centers were. And the more marriages there were within the populus.
Also, I enjoy sharing information with others and this gives me more that
might be of help to someone else.

- Bob Page -
"The man who doesn't read has no advantage over one who can't."
Mark Twain