TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0948747910

From: Bud Dorr <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Do you limit relatives in your database?
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:05:10 -0500

Lee Hoffman/KY wrote:

> Bud Dorr wrote:
> >My biggest problem is patience. I find it can take a whole afternoon to
> >complete just one large family with many children and spouses, including
> >information on occupation and military service.
>
> A whole afternoon!? I don't find it unusual to take a whole week!! <G>

Well, your families are obviously larger than mine!<G> Most of mine range from 8
to 16 children. Also, right now I am using a published work which has everything
sourced. I use a scintilla of F3 keystrokes! When I get to those families which
I've hard scrabbled together on my own from disparate sources, it will take a
lot longer.

> >A psychological aspect to this is that I have no blood descendants. I have one
> >adopted child and three step children. Plus, no one else in the family has a
> >real interest like I do. I find myself thinking about what will happen to all
> >this once I'm dead. But I keep plugging away, because it'll feel sooooo good
> >when I'm finished. <g>
>
> At least you have adopted and step children!! <LOL>

That can be both a blessing and a curse!<LOL> I would love to do my adopted
daughter's family; she's from Cali, Colombia, S.A. I've done a lot of my wife's
family (my three stepdaughters) already. That's easier because we share some of
the same ancestry.<VBG>

> As for finished ........... !?!?!?!?!

How about the first draft. Or maybe I can get all my olds pedigrees entered.
How's that! Sigh!