TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0948747924

From: "Virginia Basken" <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Mills Templates
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2000 16:05:24 -0500

Hi Hugh,
I have to apologize. It appears that I accidently sent a note with no
message. I think I hit "send" when I meant to hit "save".
I have been considering your suggestions on how to enter census records, and
your reasons for doing it as you do, and it certainly makes sense. I
figured that I could enter further details in the memo field, but now I'm
not so sure. I'm not quite sure what is supposed to go into the memo field
on the Source Definition Screen.
My original idea was to enter a census for a given year, as a source and
link my census tag to it, putting the details of who lived in the household,
in the memo field for that tag. I realize that I would have to "cut and
paste" this memo for the other members of the household. That way, I could
link any number of families to that particular census, changing only the CD
(page number, line number, etc.) Of course, being a greenhorn about TMG, I
have no idea how this will affect any reports I may later try to produce.
I feel like the centipede that could walk fine until it thought about which
foot to put first, and then fell in a ditch, utterly unable to progress.
So, I guess I need a hand out of the ditch <G>.
Thanks for the helpful input.
Regards,
Ginny

http://www.bearclaws.basken.com