TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0949001717

From: Bob Caulfield <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Wish List/Copy Master Source List Entries
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 12:35:17 -0700

At 11:23 PM 1/26/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>For instance, I have a CD of Essex Co., Mass. VR. The CD name,
>publisher, address, date, etc. are all the same, with the only variation
>being that I want a separate source for each of the several towns
>included on that CD. If today I comstruct a perfect source for the
>Newbury Town records contained on that CD, and a month later I want to
>make a new source for the Rowley records on the same CD, it would be
>nice to be able to hit a key, copy the Newbury record, and just change a
>couple of fields.

Mary Lou:

I use the same Essex County CD. I made one Source with the Abbreviation
"MA: Essex County VR's to 1850" using the Mill's template 'CD-ROM (from
prior publications)' . When I use that source, in the Citation Detail I
will type in (example): "Hopkinton VR: 118"; but all the town VR's in Essex
County are cited under that 1 source. It saves having a separate source for
every town in the County.

Hope this helps a little..

Bob Caulfield