TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-01 > 0949340198

From: <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Initials after an author's surname
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 18:36:38 +0100

"Dan Trimble" <>, Sun, 30 Jan 2000 16:46:28 -0600:

>I don't mind dropping the various higher degrees a person has amassed along
>the way - but titles are something else - will anyone know how I am referring
>to if I cite -- "Wojtyla, Karol"?<g>

With that name, the person in question has had several roles, including
eg a schoolboy, priest, archbishop; you'd make a name-var with "Johannes
Paul" (or whatever language you choose to use in your database) as given
name, nothing as family name, and put the title ("Pave" in our language)
in the title field and possibly the number in the suffix. for that name
variation. (still :-) )
--
Jan

<>< http://home.sol.no/~janpharo