TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-03 > 0952206912

From: "Cliff & Lynn Watts" <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Adding Siblings Without Parents
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 16:55:12 -0500

Jim Campbell asked:

>>. How do I accomplish establishing this relationship without setting up
some "dummy" parents? <<

If you want to be able to add a brother/sister, there must be one parent. I
use such dummies as the easiest means of dealing with the situation.

Otherwise you could create a custom tag (Relationship perhaps) and include
it in each sibling's group of tags, explaining (with what I'd consider
excessive effort) the relationship from each to the other(s).

Cliff Watts -- Written at Westborough, MA