TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-03 > 0952244386

From: <>
Subject: Re: TMG-L: Adding Siblings Without Parents
Date: Sun, 5 Mar 2000 03:19:46 EST

In a message dated 03/04/2000 9:00:44 PM Central Standard Time,
writes:

> I have many families
> where I know siblings but don't know the parents. I think we should be
able
> to add siblings to a family without having to add a completely unknown
> individual.
>
> Norb

They are siblings only due to the relationship each has with those unknown
parents- without those parents you have a group of individuals.

As for extending the line back by adding Unknown Doe.. you can only do that
for one generation.. because you can't know that Unknown Doe's parents
surname was Doe.

If you know the siblings surnames use it to create the family, if you don't
know the surname enter them as individuals with appropriate notes.