TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-04 > 0955253509

From: Dean Scribner <>
Subject: TMG-L: Re: ALT+TAB vs. a click of the rodent
Date: Sat, 8 Apr 2000 21:11:49 -0700

On Sat, 08 Apr 2000 17:49:07 -0400 Bud Dorr <> writes:

"Interesting. I've just used the task bars at the bottom of the screen -
brings the other program right up. I'll have to try the Alt-Tab method to
see if there is an advantage to doing it that way."

There's an advantage either way:

If you are using both hands on the keyboard, ALT+TAB works far and away
the best.

If you have one hand glued to the mouse, clicking the task bar works
best.

By the way, you do NOT have to be using exclusively Windows-based
programs. Both methods work with both Windows and DOS programs. But if
you are running your DOS program full-screen, you must use ALT+TAB to get
out of it back to Windows. Of course you can use ALT+ENTER to put your
DOS program in a window, but that's a lot like drinking beer through a
straw.

Dean