TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-04 > 0955988581

From: "Shirley V. Lotz" <>
Subject: TMG-L: Military Service Record
Date: Mon, 17 Apr 2000 09:23:01 -0700

My mother sent for my grandfather's military service record from the
National Records Center at St. Louis. Now my head his spinning on how to
record the information in TMG. Changes in location can be entered under
RESIDENCE.

Any suggestions on how I handle the appointment, promotions and 37 changes
in assignments over a 36 year career. They all seem to come under a single
occupation. (and yes he had several occupations before and after). These
changes in assignments represent significant changes in responsibilities
and functions in significantly different military functions. Some come
under Education at military and universities, I guess.

Help

Shirley V. Lotz
Annandale, VA
Lotz, Colton, Carter, Colvin, Lindsay, Wilhelm, Avery