TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-06 > 0960928602

From: Lee Hoffman/KY <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Problem with UFT to TMG
Date: Tue, 13 Jun 2000 16:36:42 -0400

Harry Goegebeur wrote:
>>> Just now I noticed something I am not happy with in my TMG Dataset. In
>UFT I put some dates with "before,' but now find when I transferred to TMG
>they are changed to 'say.' For example I know the baptism date is 16 APR
>1765 and then I would put born: before 16 APR 1765. What is this say word
>meaning? Will this date print? Did it do a global change of this? I can tell
>you I will not be a happy camper if I have to go through my database looking
>and changing 'say'.
>
>Here we are again UFT users :) I certainly miss the free form date field
>where we can enter anything what we like, here in good old Europe we
>sometimes get dates like: '6 pluviose An IV' (French calendar) or 'first
>Sunday after Easter 1200' in UFT we can enter it like we found it and then
>afterwards fill in the structured date field as the date should be in plain
>English or as a regular date field. In the narrative reports the free form
>date is used and in fix structure reports the structured date is used.

TMG does have the free-form Date capability. Just enter whatever you like
in the Date field. If the entry is not a Regular Gegorian Calendar Date
then TMG will "complain" by giving you a Notice that the entry is recorded
as an Irregular Date. If you then ignore the Notice, TMG will accept the
entry. If you wish, you may then enter a Sort Date which may be used to
sort the tag chronologically. The Sort Date is only used for this purpose
and will never print in any report.

Hope this helps -

Lee Hoffman/KY
E-mail: