TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-07 > 0964985147

From: Bob Geldart <>
Subject: [TMG] OT - IE/Outlook [was Clickbook]
Date: Sun, 30 Jul 2000 12:25:47 -0700

>BTW, If you have Explorer, but have not downloaded 5.0, when you do, you
>also get Outlook Express 5.0 along with it. They work very well together,
>for me! : )

Internet Explorer and Outlook work very well together, with little or no
thought or human intervention needed. This is why so many of the most
potent viruses recently take advantage of the vulnerability of this
combination. The IE5 and Outlook combination are standard issue at work,
and sometimes we have been down for days while IT tries to clean out our
infected systems. At home I use IE5, but highly restricted, and don't use
Outlook (which I consider overkill for a mail system). I also have a
firewall and virus scanner software running.

Bob
Maynard, MA

This thread: