TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-08 > 0965948026

Subject: Re: [TMG] Keep names lower case?
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:53:46 EDT

Carol Hall wrote:

> It is set at "No Caps." But, in the report I just generated, I get:
>
> --------------------
> John Barber Jr was born on 29 Nov 1749 in Simsbury, Connecticut. He
> married Elizabeth Case, daughter of Capt. Josiah Case. He died in 1825.
>
> Elizabeth Case was born in 1752. She died in 1817.
> Children of John Barber Jr. and Elizabeth Case were as follows:
> i. Infant was born in 1774.

Carol, I think the answer is that the CRW is considering "Infant was born in
1774." as a sentence and is therefore capitalizing the first letter of the
sentence. I tried a similar report in my Tester dataset. At first, with no
birth date, it just listed "baby", but when I added a birth date, it listed
"Baby was born circa 1984." It isn't capitalizing a name, just a sentence.

Fran A

This thread: