TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-08 > 0965949162

From: "Darrell A. Martin" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Keep names lower case?
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 18:12:42 -0500

An observation on a recent message:

[snip]

>It is set at "No Caps." But, in the report I just generated, I get:
>
>--------------------
>John Barber Jr was born on 29 Nov 1749 in Simsbury, Connecticut. He
>married Elizabeth Case, daughter of Capt. Josiah Case. He died in 1825.
>
>Elizabeth Case was born in 1752. She died in 1817.
>Children of John Barber Jr. and Elizabeth Case were as follows:
> i.Infant was born in 1774.
>ii.Elizabeth (Betsey) was born in 1775. She married
>Roswell Barber, son of Daniel Barber and Martha Phelps.

Note that the word "infant" begins a sentence. Have you seen any of your lower case "names" capitalized in sentences where they do not appear in the first position? Just a thought. If this is the situation, then globally changing the name "infant" to "an infant" might work. Haven't thought it through, though.

Darrell

Darrell A. Martin
no longer proud to have been a Vermonter
but still proud of my Vermont roots
currently in exile in Addison, Illinois

This thread: