TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-08 > 0965949594

From: Carol Hall <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Keep names lower case?
Date: Thu, 10 Aug 2000 16:19:54 -0700 (PDT)

On Thu, 10 Aug 2000, Darrell A. Martin wrote:

> An observation on a recent message:
> > i.Infant was born in 1774.
>
> Note that the word "infant" begins a sentence. Have you seen any of your
> lower case "names" capitalized in sentences where they do not appear in
> the first position? Just a thought.

No, I haven't noticed that, primarily because this is the only place they
appear. There are obviously not going to be an descendants of this person
(or at least known descendants).

> If this is the situation, then globally changing the name "infant" to
> "an infant" might work. Haven't thought it through, though.

I guess that's the best I can hope for. By changing the name to "an
infant" I get

i. An infant was born in 1774.

Which is better than "Infant."

Can I globally change names? Or do I have to generate a picklist for each
of these unnamed children and change them by hand?

Carol Hall

This thread: