TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-09 > 0968249790

From: Dick Cleaveland <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] TMG 4.0a enhancements
Date: Wed, 06 Sep 2000 10:16:30 -0400

>At 08:31 AM 9/6/00, Frank Malaney said:

>I am one who is hoping that will be some improvements in the manuals in
>the next version with some explanations of "how-to's" for some common
>problems. However, the TMG tips on Lee Hoffman's site
>( http://www.tmgtips.com ) does address some of these issues. I think
>that every new user (and maybe some old timers as well) should print out
>all of the tips on Lee's site....

I found what I think is a better scheme for me. The problem I saw with
Lee's site is that the link names don't do a good job of describing the
contents of the individual documents. So I used a web stripper program to
download all his pages into one of my hard drive directories (about 6MB).
Now, using windows "Find" and a text keyword I can locate things based on
the problem of the minute.

Of course I have to use the update feature to keep it current.....

Dick

Personal genealogy web page: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/cleav/
TMG & UFT Users Group: http://www.rootsusers.org

This thread: