TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-09 > 0968296589

From: "John Cardinal" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Point of Reference
Date: Wed, 6 Sep 2000 23:16:29 -0400

Wading in carefully here...

J. O'Neall wrote:
> [SNIP]
>
> (2) John Cardinal, (a) are you thinking of modifying your wonderful
> utility to set the bride/groom flags or others? (b) Does anyone
> care? (I don't think I do, but I haven't completely reflected upon
> this subject yet. Please don't interpret this as my being negative
> towards TMG mods for former UFT users.)

I'm not a former UFTer, but I plan to use some of the new features,
particularly Roles, in my own DB, so yes, it is *VERY* likely that there
will be features in my utility to assign roles based on gender (for the
Bride/Groom case and possibly others), or keywords (Is the word "Minister"
in the Witness sentence? If so, assign "Minister" role.), and perhaps other
criteria.

In addition, I am currently building some features that address
importing/exporting sentence definitions. This will allow moving roles and
sentences, including those in "other" languages, from one DB to another.

This thread: