TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-09 > 0968529488

Subject: Re: [TMG] Re: Copious Ancestors
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 15:58:08 EDT

In a message dated 9/9/00 12:07:02 PM Central Daylight Time,
writes:

<< What does the 1910 & 1920 census say your grandfather's age was? If
2 or 3 census records agree, they is a good possibility that they
are right. How about the SS index?

Lewis >>
The 1910 has him as 10 years old, and I haven't yet been able to find him on
the 1920 census. I haven't tried the SS index, but he always used the date
in the Bible, so I am sure the SS admin has that date. His draft card says 29
Oct 1899. Once again, I am sure he got the date from the Bible.
Teresa
Which should be a good example of how we can quote as many sources as we
want, but if they all quote the same source, and it is in error, then it
doesn't matter how many sources we have, we are still wrong. Whether he was
born in 1899 or 1900 is a matter of speculation on my part. I have plenty of
proof, including my mother and her sisters who all say my grandfather was
born in 1899. The 1900 and 1910 census seem to speculate that he was born in
1900.
Teresa

This thread: