TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-09 > 0970012956

From: "Paul E. Lawrence" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Short Place problem-UFT import
Date: Tue, 26 Sep 2000 19:02:36 -0500

At 06:33 PM 9/26/2000 -0500, you wrote:

>Hi, Paul:
>
>Based on what you have found and reported, my decision would be to always
create or edit places from the MSL. This will require some self-discipline
for a UFT Refugee, but I think I can manage it. Would making all place
changes in the MSL avoid the bug, as you understand it?

As best I can tell it's only the editing or creating of the place in the
Tag window that causes the problem. You could create or edit tags in the
MPL but then you have to go back to the Tag window and search for the place
to insert it, just an additional step. My decision may be to just delete
all of my short places and use the TMG template for the short places, still
mulling it over....

>Second question, does this bug affect any places other than the one(s)
edited from the Tag window? That is, does the bug just affect the edited
place, or does it scramble the data in a more general way?

It's only going to be that place that you edit that is affect as in effect
by editing you create a new place. Any other tags using the same original
place info that you are editing would remain unaffected.

>Darrell
>

>Darrell A. Martin
>no longer proud to have been a Vermonter
>but still proud of my Vermont roots
>currently in exile in Addison, Illinois

Paul E. Lawrence

Lawrence Genealogy: http://users.multipro.com/lawrpaul
Includes allied surnames of Bumpass, Byerly, Daughtrey, Ford (Faure),
Harper, Harr, Wilhite/Wilhoit. Also researching Burnett, Daniel, McMurry,
Hill, Bondurant, Stansbury, and Rose, and others.

Roots User Group of Arlington, VA: http://www.rootsusers.org/

This thread: