TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-10 > 0970489329

From: "Leif B. Kristensen" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Genealogical characters
Date: Mon, 02 Oct 2000 14:22:09 +0200

On Mon, 02 Oct 2000 13:50:37 +0200, Gerhard Wahl <>
wrote:

>using the German language option, I realized that I always have the
>abbreviations (b./m./d./...) for "born, married, died, etc." in charts.
>
>Editing the language translation did not help. Even when I remove
>the German translations, I am not being asked for a new equivalent
>when a chart is generated. So there seems to be no lookup in the
>translation table in these cases.
>
>Actually, I want to replace the abbreviations "b./m./d./..." with
>their special genealogical characters. This could be done by either
>translating them into "*/oo/+/...", or even by specifying a special
>font to be used with only these "words".

Gerhard,
these abbreviations are defined in the Tag Type Definition screen. If
you go to Add -> Tag (or press F4), select e.g. the Birth tag and press
Edit. You should translate both the Past Tense and the Abbrev. fields as
the program uses the content of these for BMDB information.

regards from Norway,
--
Leif Biberg Kristensen
http://home.sol.no/~leifkris/