TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-11 > 0973548116

From: Bob Velke <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Even More Default Labels questions
Date: Mon, 06 Nov 2000 17:01:56 -0500

Dick said:

>It has occurred to me that there may be no reason to get involved in all
>the complex field naming
>arrangements, especially since there is no opportunity to include them in
>narrative sentence definitions.

Can you give me an example of how you'd want to use the place field labels
in a narrative sentence?

I've always argued that there is dubious value in labeling place fields -
which is why they have always been City, County, State, etc., but we've
encouraged people to think of them as level 3, level 4, etc., especially
insofar as simplifying searching But some users feel that it is important
to label one thing a city and another a town, for instance, and with the
influx of UFT users, the idea was even more popular. So we added it in
v4.0a ... but I don't use them.

Why did users modify place labels in UFT? Could you output those labels in
UFT narratives?

-Bob

This thread: