TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2000-11 > 0973954036

From: Frank Malaney <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Roles Use
Date: Sat, 11 Nov 2000 09:47:16 -0500

At 08:17 PM 11/10/2000, you wrote:
>I would appreciate learning from former UFT users who used roles and TMG
>users who did not have them until recently and are now using them.

I posted a portion of this message some time ago as part of another thread
but this extract does demonstrate the use of roles in TMG.

Frank
++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I have added a new tag to TMG for my use called 'Deed'. The default
sentence for the principal is as follows:

[P] <and [PO]> purchased property from [R:Grantor 1]<, [R:Grantor 2]><,
[R:Grantor 3]><, [R:Grantor 4]><, [R:Grantor 5]>< and [R:Grantor last]>
<[M1]> <[D]> <[L]>. <[M2]>

The people assigned to the principal and roles were as follow:

P Frank Neath Malaney
PO Helen Elaine Feiler
Grantor 1 Paul Francis Malaney
Grantor 2 Daniel Paul Malaney
Grantor 3 Andrea-Lea Maria Sheppard:
Grantor 4 (No Grantor)
Grantor 5 (No Grantor)
Grantor last Margaret Elizabeth Magdeline Klein:

The Memo field is:

"Located in Etna Township|| This property was later assigned the address of
8708 Mink st. SW, Pataskala, OH."

The resulting sentence ( as printed in the Individual Narrative Report) is:

He and Helen Elaine Feiler purchased property from Paul Francis Malaney,
Daniel Paul Malaney, Andrea-Lea Maria Sheppard and Margaret Elizabeth
Magdeline Klein Located in Etna Township on June 25, 1975 at Pataskala,
Licking, OH. This property was later assigned the address of 8708 Mink st.
SW, Pataskala, OH.

Observe that if the sentence is going to read correctly with more than one
grantor, one person must always be assigned the role of 'Grantor last'. In
this case, 'Grantor last' is actually the wife of 'Grantor 1'. If I had
realize what I was doing at the time, I would have make her 'Grantor
2'. That would have made the sentence more correct from a genealogy (and
legal) standpoint.

The Grantor Witness sentence reads like this:

[P] <and [PO]> purchased property from [R:Grantor 1]<, [R:Grantor 2]><,
[R:Grantor 3]><, [R:Grantor 4]><, [R:Grantor 5]>< and [R:Grantor last]>

The resulting sentence (For Daniel Paul Malaney) reads as follows:

Paul Francis Malaney, Daniel Paul Malaney, Andrea-Lea Maria Sheppard and
Margaret Elizabeth Magdeline Klein sold property to Frank Neath Malaney and
Helen Elaine Feiler Located in Etna Township on June 25, 1975 at Pataskala,
Licking, OH. This property was later assigned the address of 8708 Mink st.
SW, Pataskala, OH.

This thread: