TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-01 > 0979011654

From: Lee Hoffman <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Source memos
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 22:40:54 -0500

Doug Gordon wrote:
>I've been using the Memo part of the Source definition to put text such as
>the contents of a deed, the inscription on a headstone, etc. Is this the
>intended place for this type of info? What I have noticed is that this field
>does not seem to be referenced in any of the reports that I have found (I'm
>still new at this program!). Is there a standard place where this would be
>printed? I would sort of expect it in an "Endnotes" section of a book, but
>there is no sentence specifically for endnotes as far as I can tell. Some of
>this would be a bit too much for a standard footnote.

The text of a Source would normally be entered as an Exhibit. The Memo
(Comments) field of a Source Definition will print _if_ the Source Element
is included as part of one or more of the Templates for that Source
Category. You may globally alter the Source Templates to include this
Source Element in the System Configuration screen Tools=>Options from the
top menu). Alternatively, you may alter an individual Source Definition by
adding the Source Element to one of the Patterns on the Output Forms tab.

For more information on creating Sources, visit the TMG Tips website (URL
below). The TMG Proprietary page and the Articles & Tutorials page both
have items related to this topic.

Hope this helps -

Lee Hoffman/KY
E-mail: