TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-01 > 0979685372

From: bob gillis <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] CAN-tag worked great! Need ideas for NON-tag
Date: Tue, 16 Jan 2001 17:49:32 -0500

For me the research log does what the CAN-[?] tags do. If I had a
person who had been in the Civil War I would enter a research task
titled Pension Application and Key Words that identify what source I
should look at and possibly where: NARA WashDC.

If I do not find a pension apllication I so note it in the task and mark
the task complete.

bob gillis

wrote:

> A few months ago when we were discussing CAN-tags, I made several including
> CAN-Mexican (Mexican War possiblities) CAN-Civil (Civil War possibilities).
> This weekend TMG and I went on our first official research trip. When my
> husband came to get me, I had him look up one of my CAN-Civil possibilities
> and lo and behold, the guy actually had a pension application. We are still
> looking for his records, as his service is a little sketchy, but I would have
> never thought to have looked for him if I hadn't had that CAN-Civil tag.

This thread: