TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-01 > 0979952660

From: "bd" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Snow White Virus
Date: Fri, 19 Jan 2001 20:04:20 -0500

??I don't understand
1. why do you need to download it?
2. Can't you just send it out via delete? I get this obnoxious bug
sometimes 2-3 times a day and so far have just deleted it with - as far as
I'm aware - no ill effects. 3. Someone has said that a virus can infect you
even if you do not open the attachment. Elucidation?

Of course there are many more things I don't understand, but this will do
for now.

Barbara Harris

Richard wrote:

Half the time when I get sent a copy it causes my ISP
> to drop out and I have spent as much as an hour trying to
> get Snowhite downloaded so I can receive my mail. I did not
> open the attachment, it did no damage on my machine but it
> has cost me a lot of time and all of us a lot of money.
>
> Richard Brogger
>
> Bob Geldart wrote:
> >
> > At 01:05 AM 1/19/2001, you wrote:
> > >Fi-fi on that nasty person!!! May they burn in the world of crashed
hard
> > >disks and destroyed FATs.
> >
> > A little compassion.... In all likelihood, that person may not have
> > realized what was happening, or even that it was sent from their
machine.

> > Bob Geldart
> > Maynard, MA

This thread: