TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-02 > 0981922761

From: "Paul E. Lawrence" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] Can't get path\exe right
Date: Sun, 11 Feb 2001 14:19:21 -0600

TMG does not recognize long folder or file names. You have to convert the
file names to the old standard 8.3 format. The path you want should look
similiar to this:

C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~4\OFFICE\WINWORD.EXE

The number at the end of MICROS~ will depend on what MicroSoft applications
you have installed and where MicroSoft Office falls in that list under
program files. For example, I have three other MicroSoft applications
listed before MicroSoft Office under Program Files so the number on my path
above is 4. You can find the path by using the browse function also but
again you will see only the abbreviated folder and file names as
above.

At 02:02 PM 2/11/2001 -0600, you wrote:
>I'm trying to make Word for windows an executable program from within
>TMG. Following directions, I entered the path as "C:\Program
>Files\Microsoft Office\Office\WINWORD.EXE". The problem is I always get
>an error that this can't be found. When I use the File Find program of
>windows this exact path works just fine. Any suggestions? JS

Paul E. Lawrence

Lawrence Genealogy: http://users.multipro.com/lawrpaul
Includes allied surnames of Bumpass, Byerly, Daughtrey, Ford (Faure),
Harper, Harr, Wilhite/Wilhoit. Also researching Burnett, Daniel, McMurry,
Hardy, Hill, Bondurant, Stansbury, Towne, Kincaid, and Rose, and others.

Roots User Group of Arlington, VA: http://www.rootsusers.org/

This thread: