TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-02 > 0982342542

From: "DeAnna Burghart" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Best ways to enter CLOOZ in TMG
Date: Fri, 16 Feb 2001 08:55:42 -0800

That's exactly my reasoning: It doesn't matter to them and is of no possible
use to outsiders. Because my numbering system is meaningless to anyone but
myself, unless I'm sharing docs with correspondants, I prefer to shield
people from it on formal reports. So if I ever print a Genealogy Report for
Grandma or for Great-Aunt Enid, they'll only see "Marriage Certificate for
John Stubbart & Audrey Fay Morford [blah blah blah]" not "Marriage
Certificate [blah blah blah] STUBBART MO15", which they might be misled to
believe means something to anyone other than me. :) Yet I can still include
it for my working reports, and be able to easily find my own docs.

Make sense? Well, it makes sense to me anyway. <g> I can see why others
wouldn't care about exposing their internal filing system. I just tend to be
rather particular about stuff like that "cluttering up" the view. :)

DeAnna