TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-02 > 0982426986

From: "Cheryl Rothwell" <>
Subject: RE: [TMG] Long Island
Date: Sat, 17 Feb 2001 11:23:06 -0500

>>Only if they are ignorant of the facts of the situation.

Presumably most people have no experience with the situation. Not all large
cities have it, Chicago being my favorite case in point but also Atlanta and
others. I wasn't going to bring this up but I got my information from
someone in the office of the clerk of St. Louis -- whether that is city or
county I'm afraid to guess now. <g> There's something weird going on in
Memphis, some sort of multi county government. Apparently there are more
than a few such oddities. I would guess that all this is very confusing to
most people and certainly to new researchers.

I'm glad my ancestors stayed out of St. Louis. They have that strange
baseball team too. <g>

Cheryl Rothwell

This thread: