TMG-L Archives

Archiver > TMG > 2001-04 > 0987506664

From: "James E. (Jim) Campbell" <>
Subject: Re: [TMG] File Problems
Date: Tue, 17 Apr 2001 07:24:24 -0400

I believe that the underlying problem might be the drive letter assigned
to the CD-RW. I don't remember precisely how far up the alphabet drive
letters can be assigned in the Win 3.1 scheme of things, but I don't
think it went all the way to Z. Since TMG was originally written for
Win 3.1, it might suffer from that limitation.

Jim Campbell

Ron Bernier wrote:

> Not sure if I might have missed something in this
> thread, but I backup to a CD all the time. And,
> because I have restored my entire system several
> times, I have restored my TMG database from the CD
> several times. I have never had any problems and I
> have been using this method for well over a year.
>

> --- "Patricia H. Enterkin" <>
> wrote:
> > ... I had originally set up my
> > backup (in the Advanced
> > Tab of Config.) to my M Drive which is my CD-RW. I
> > was told I could not
> > do that - it wouldn't work.

This thread: